Tuesday, April 19, 2011

One month later



It's been a busy month. Boone Patrick finally arrived on March 14th and it couldn't have gone smoother. Mom and baby were healthy and happy. John's sister Christina was able to visit just days later. It was spring break so John's parents were able to spend lots of time with us helping transition. Emery loved all the attention and I liked all the extra hands! A few days later my parents were able to come and spend a week in Texas. My dad worked on a "Honey do" list and my mom changed lots of diapers and drank a huge amount of imaginary tea made by Emery. It has been wonderful to have so much family time.

The visitors have slowed down and we are all adjusting to the changes in our daily routine. I'm trying to keep Emery busy and occasionally leave the house. Our garden is growing, even if the nutgrass threatens to overtake it. We are out in the yard more than I've ever been. There is nothing like a toddler to make you realize how dangerous your plants are! Yikes, I've got a lot of work to do out there. Emery has fallen in love with Sesame Street and Elmo which is a blessing. Something to slow her down for a short time is nice. I've updated pictures for March and April. A big thanks to my sister-in-law Christina, she sorted a tremendous amount of pictures for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment